Saturday, November 10, 2012

Flight to Shanghai

I didn't sleep well in Chicago - I kept starting awake convinced I had overslept and been left! I did get up and ready in time. We had a buffet breakfast - but where the grits were supposed to be was corned beef hash. Lucky I love it (though not as much as grits) - add a little Tabasco and yum! We caught the shuttle to the airport - much easier since Xiaoling, our partner and guide is in the million mile club. He works for Global Ministries and the United Church of Christ and he made sure we went and did the things we were supposed to do. My passport/visa was checked 3 times. Everything was pretty much the same except once we hit the gate all instructions were repeated in Chinese. I had a middle seat but luckily, the seat next to me was vacant so I could sit on the aisle. This plane had video screens in each seat so we could make individual selections. I finally got to see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer and Dark Shadows - both were very good. I also listened to part of a Dexter audiobook. I was very uncomfortable even though I did have leg room and my seat leaned back. I walked a little and stood a little, both helped. The flight was a very long 14 hours.


My roommate Lonna
Listening to Dexter, Darkly Dreaming on Audiobooks
Christina watching the latest Ice Age movie
My dinner - Chicken & rice

No comments:

Post a Comment